S. C./S. T./ O. B. C./ M. O. B. C/ Minority Cell
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes have been identified as the two most backward groups of Indian Society. They include all such castes, races or tribes, which have been declared as scheduled castes and scheduled tribes by the Constitution of India under the provisions of Article 341 and 342 of the Constitution of India. Scheduled Castes generally represent those communities, which have suffered from the stigma of untouchability in one form or the other. Scheduled Tribes are generally those who have been living in seclusion in hills and forests, more or less. untouched by modern civilization and development.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To bring the students of S. C. & S. T. community at par with the mainstream student body.
- To take up some measures for the special community students in fostering their overall development.
The Cell is committed to provide assistance to the SC/ST/ minority students through counselling, personality development, development of communication skill, remedial coaching, tutorial classes, and preparatory classes for professional and employment purposes, etc. The Cell is actively engaged in coordinating and resolve the problems in the matter of conduct of remedial coaching and other measures with a view to see that the education system succeeds in bringing the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes to a level quantitatively as well as qualitatively indistinguishable from the level of the rest of the society.
- Lipika Baruah
- Manisha Kumari Rajak (lst semester, 2018)
- Rusmi Sarkar (lst semester, 2018)
- Diamond Borah (lst semester, 2018)
- Baishali Das (3rd Semester, 2018)
- Pratishtha Sonowal (3rd Semester, 2018)